Donna,
I'll try to answer your questions: there were several reasons they didn't
get it adjusted.  One was I didn't complain. or we live 300 miles away and
couldn't just jump in any time we wanted.  Didn't know there was a "better"
setting.  The optimum setting actually causes a sharp shock in my right leg
that disappears after a few seconds.

I did fine at the other setting too but with slightly more tremor. They
only fine tuned.

That was the only adjustment that has been made except when I went to
NIH>They tried several settings.

I think they did 10 operations. 5 Paladotomy and 5 thallamotomy.

Don't hesitate to ask questions.  I wish I had had someone to ask when I
had mine.