Joan Snyder wrote in part:

SNIPPED i found a Parkinson Alert ID card put out by the Chicago Area
>Chapter of APDA.
>Thinking, Wow-great idea!-I started to read the card. It says and i
>quote: "Parkinson's is a neurological disease which is neither fatal,
>painful not contagious. Its symptoms are tremor (shaking), rigidity,
>slow gait & a low, slurred speaking voice. It can cause a gait & balance
>impairment which may resemble intoxication, but is not. Judgment &
>vision remain unimpaired. These symptoms worsen several times a day in
>an "on-off" cycle. I usually do not need any special help , except with
>tasks requiring physical coordination or strength. Thank you in advance
>for you help, understanding and patience."

Joan, I understand your concern about the wording of the card. Part of the
problem with PD is, of course, the "no one size fits everyone" aspect.  I
suggest that folks who don't "fit" the description on the card might ,make
up their own description--and might have to change it over time, too.  No
need to apologise, either, but I guess the idea is to have something to
smooth the way in a possibly difficult situation.  Different strokes for
different folks is the order of the day for PWPs ( and CGs too!)

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 80/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "