On  2 Apr 99 at 13:59, Irene Rosenthal wrote:

> Has anyone had a problem using the mouse because of their tremor?  Sometimes
> thr mouse justs runs away and I cant focus the cursor where I want to go.  I
> literally have to hold my hand with the other hand to steady it.  Does anyone
> use a different kind of mouse?  Does anyone have any experience with those
> rolling ball Mice?Would appreciate feedback.

Hi Irene,
I use many different computers every day and have pretty much
switched to my steadier left hand.   I'm not keen on trackballs and
the "pointer" joystick mouse on most laptops makes me mental.  I have
learned to use the keyboard instead of the mouse on these laptops
(for instance in Windows 95 <CTRL> <ESC> is the same as placing the
cursor on START and clicking on it).

At first I played with the double click timing and mouse speed in the
control panel but as my right hand has stiffened and become more and
more clumsy the natural tendency is to simply switch to the left.  I
also type almost exclusively with my left hand.

I use the Opera browser on the Internet (instead of Netscape or
Internet Explorer).  If you are interested you can download an
evaluation copy from their website at
http://www.operasoftware.com

Opera is fast, user friendly and has many keyboard shortcuts for
those so inclined.

I am not financially connected with Opera - just a happy user of
their great software.

All the best ................ Murray