Hi Janet,

On  3 Apr 99 at 19:02, janet paterson wrote:

> Learning 'protects the brain'
SNIP
> They found that the rats lost 45% fewer brain cells to ageing if they were
> given rubber balls, running wheels and tunnels to play with and if they got
> special treats such as corn chips.
We had no balls, got caught with the "hub cap" collection, got put
in a learnin' place, got caught again "makin' tunnels" 'n never got
no corn chips.......... 'jus bread 'n water.......

> Some of the active rats also received a brain stimulant called kainic acid.

They got to do acid??  For free??

> They showed almost complete protection from brain cell loss.

Yeah right!

I know this was supposed to be aa serious article but I couldn't

Hi Ken .................... Murray