-----Original Message-----
From: Debby Hurlbert <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
>Debby 45/11

I am not surprised to hear that apomorphine caused vomition. When I took my
surgery class for veterinary medicine many years ago our standard pre-op
routine for an oophorhysterectomy (spay ) was to givr\e them a modest dose
of morphine or methadone prior to operating. If the dog had anything in its
stomach, it soon gave it up. Which was advantageous since it was best to
have the stomach empty so they would not choke on their vomitus.
    Another  practice was common at that time . Dogs that had eaten
strychnine or other poisons would vomit it  up promptly when we took one of
those small tablets of apomorphine and dropped it under an eye-lid. They are
highly soluble and are as readily absorbed as in human usage under the
tongue.