I know your situation may be very different but over the years I have worked
with alot of kids with different types of cerebral palsy.  You may do better
with a track ball.  They make a real big one that has good positioning and
support for your wrist and palm.  You can also somehow adjust the "tension"
on the ball for more resistance.
Occupational therapists are the folks that can often help with these things.
Make sure it is one familiar with assistive technology and its adaptation.
there are lots of different adaptive gadgets made to help.  I know the
tremor is not specifically what the CP. patient deals with but some types of
CP. causes unusual movements, etc.
Good luck.