Mark,
I am also newly diagnosed with pd, about 5 or 6 months,  and know there are
lots of folks on this list who are more knowledgeable than me; but when I
have severe shaking spells (dyskinesias?) I hurt badly all over.  From what
I understood from my dr, the shaking is sorta like souped up muscle cramps,
and when it's over, you have all those toxins in the muscles the same way a
cramp or strain will leave them.  I alternate heat and ice (doing so tonight
as a matter of fact) and it seems to "heal" faster.
bob