HI Karen,

Sorry to hear about your problem.  The first place I would go for information
is our Parkinsn Archives.  As you can imagine this issue has come up many times
in various combinations and permutations in the 4 years (god- is it that
long).  There are many of us who have gone through battles with employers,
insurance companies an social security.
some questions:
1. Did  your employer know   about your PD.?
2. How symptomatic were you? did it effect your job performance?
3.  Were others laid off or were you the only   one?
4. What is the definition of disability in your LTD policy?
5. What is your insurance company and in what state do you live?
6,  Do you have any reason to believe that your PD played a role in the layoff?

Many of us have gone through LTD  and other insurance and employment problems
and I think you have  come to the right place for advice and ideas.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin