It is sad that so many employers will offer the moon and the stars to get an
employee to come to work. Then when they have to pay out some of the
wonderful benefits, they will pay more to avoid being fair to the employee,
than it would cost to do the right thing.  Many people are anti-government,
anti-lawyer, anti-union, and don't like insurance companies too much either,
but when the chips are down, those are the organizations that can help, if
you have followed the rules, and the employer is working against you.  A
(FORMER) CEO of a company I worked for had a saying:
"Anyone who wants to fight me, is welcome to try, I have a roomful of lawyers
just waiting to take them on..."  In many cases, it would have been cheaper
and better business for him to yield to the employee, but he had an attitude!
 I know that running a business is hard work and takes a lot of investment,
but it also depends on a supply of employees to do the work, and the more
content they are the more money the owners and stockholders will make in the
long run.  In the US there are  laws that employees have access to all the
benefit information, maybe someone can elaborate on the procedures to get
copies?  I am not an authority on any of the above, but have been in the
workforce about 40 years, and that is an education in itself!
Ken B