In a message dated 4/5/99 7:09:12 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< My mother has periods of feeling extremely hot with extreme rigidity.  This
 usually occurs between 7-8pm but can occur at any time.  My mother will take
 her dissolved Sinemet at 5 pm and then eat her 1 cup of rice with veggies at
 5:15 or 5:30 (after the Sinemet has taken effect).  If her meal was even
 just a little more than usual, the residual food in her stomach (or small
 intestine) interferes with her 7pm dosage.  That is when the hot spells
 really hit hard.  Reducing her protein intake has, also, helped reduce these
 hot spells.  My father will, occasionally, lightly press a cool wet cloth
 against her skin.  It really doesn't help much but for my mother it gives
 her the sense that something is being done to help.  As for the panicky
 feeling, those episodes eventually went away.  My father suggests maybe
 Xanax to help with the panic.

 Teresa

Thank you so much for letting me know that someone out there has had the same
problem as my mom. Excellent suggestion! I will have mom try reducing her
protein intake at night and will let you know. And, her worst times are
between 7 & 8 p.m. also.

Laurie