I am a 78 year old retired US Army colonel, diagnosed PD on 18 Dec 1998,
placed  on Requip med which I took for about a month.  Then,as I had
previously planned to do, I switched HMO to the Senior Care Plan of Scott &
White Hospital of Temple, TX.  Wanting a second opinion anyhow, I went to the
Chief of their Neurology Dept. who examined me and found no symptoms of PD.
He explained, however, that just to be sure, he would like to examine me
again after one month of no PD medication whatever.  His  second examination
also revealed no PD symptoms!  That was 24 March 1999.
Immediately upon being freed from my PD "sentence", I felt that my story
would best be unpublished, inasmuch as my apparent reprieve would in no way
serve to lessen the woes of those who had no such good news. In the meantime
I have been reading the sometimes heart wrenching stories written by scores
of patients sufffering the  REAL agonies, uncertainties, and frustrations of
Parkinsons Disease.  Slowly, almost imperceptably, I began to understand that
in their entirety, LISTSERV messages carry much more GOOD NEWS  than BAD.
For example, almost every earnest request for HELP promptly receives at least
four replies from concerned and caring persons that have BEEN THERE.  The
first responder may not have the perfect solution but the response is a
heartwarming gesture from a person who cares.  I have seen numerous followup
ample advice to enable a reasonable decision to resolve the problem.
So, it's PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE --  it doesn't get any better than that!