Nigel Harland wrote:

> Hello,
>          I too used to suffer from prolonged and uncomfortable dyskenesia,
> which is definitely due to the L- dopa (Sinemet) (or in my case Madopar)
> dose being too high
> In my case, cutting down on L dopa was not an option because I needed it in
> order to maintain some semblance of  normal movement. After consulting my
> Neuro', he prescribed me Cabaser (Cabergoline) which is taken once per day
> only, and which completely banished the dyskenesia. I am aware that Cabaser
> is not available in some countries, but if it is available to you I would
> strongly recommend it, it was the next best thing to a miracle for me!

If my decrepit memory serves, the drug firm that makes Cabergoline was
taken over by the one who makes pramipexole (Mirapex), and they chose
to avoid competing with themselves. Cheers,
Joe
PS: I've been off-list for the past week because I was away and because
I'm still in the throes of setting up a new PC with W98 and transferring
the contents of the old one. A change of PC is always traumatic, this
is no exception.
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694