Dear Listfriends,
You may remember Ray Lakin, who lives in England, as a listmember who
previously posted on occasion. His wife, Helen, has Parkinson's, and he
was very active in seeking information that could help her. Ray and
Helen live in a beautiful home with their daughter Vicky Chilcott and
her husband Simon.

My sister and I visited with Ray and Helen last June; they most
graciously invited us to stay in their guesthouse, and were instrumental
in guiding us around the UK and assuring that our vacation was truly
memorable. They are a truly warm and lovely couple.

I have learned from Vicky, that Ray has been diagnosed with an
inoperable tumor on the lung due to asbestos exposure, and is in
hospital. This is following a cataract operation on March 15, following
which he experienced great fatigue and depression, with loss of
appetite.  I wonder if listmembers would be kind enough to e-mail a note
to Helen and Ray, whose diagnosis was quite sudden. You can send e-mail
to Vicky, who will print it out for Helen to read, at:

Or you can send the message to me and I will forward it to Vicky. I am
sure your messages will be appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kathrynne