Attention activists in Maine, Maryland, France, Australia, New Jersey,
California,  Arizona,
Ontario, Kansas,  The Netherlands, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Mississippi
and elsewhere;

    House-Senate Resolutions like Senate Paper 753 in Maine are not just
going to be hidden in a frame behind an office door!

    Paragraph 9 recognizes that we need protection. We need to enjoy
 the legal RIGHTS specific to being PWPs, as a CLASS. We must not
 be abused just because we may be mute or shaky or appear to be intoxi-
 cated or mentally deficient,    when we are NOT.

      "WHEREAS, there is a great need for further training and education
in the

       health care and legal professions to protect the rights of persons
with

       Parkinson's disease; and"

Legislation to fund this training and education about our RIGHTS is
planned for January in
the Maine State House of Representatives. A dialogue has begun, tapping
that RESERVOIR
that Jim Cordy has identified.

 A cure for PD is our goal, but in the meantime, let's have the legal
rights specific to
our condition, for our own protection.

IVAN SUZMAN

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 07:36:42 -0600 Jeanette Fuhr <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>It's here list family, April is PD Awareness Month!!.....(CUT)....
>What's that saying....When it gets tough, the tough get going!!!!
>
>From a stronger, tougher pwp,
>
>Jeanette Fuhr 48/47/44?

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)