I had worked up an enthusiasm for helping "spread the word" that Jim's letter
inspired and true to PD, my wobbly hand dragged across the numerical delete
and I lost the whole thing!  My letter of inspration  destroyed.  Now I don't
know if I can get motivated or not.

I will say that I have been negligent about getting involved with the current
activities, but I shall try to do something now.  The NPF has set up a branch
(?)here in Jacksonville and I will call them to see what we can do here to
educate the media about Parkinson Awareness.

I think one step has been taken by two of the organizations merging that will
help. I think the national organizations should work together more.

As far as trying to get people to understand PD, I don't know if it is
possible or not Sometimes I can't realize just what "designer disease" is that
we live with. Most times our care givers and close family and friends don' t
understand why you can be one way and the next minute another.  Why you can be
laughing and joking and suddenly wanting to cry! Why you can be walking and
suddenly have to crawl! Why they may see you out to dinner and a short time
later flat on your back on the bed!

It is a mistake to say that PD doesn't kill.  Our hearts cannot always take
the strain, thus heart attacks.   Our breathing problems bring on pneumonia.
Constipation has brought about death. No doubt choking, because of swallowing
problems have resulted in death.
While I'm not aware of any particular case, I'm sure ther have been those who
could not handle the misery and took their own life!  No we don't like to
think like that, but it's reality. We should not always show such a brave
public face.  However, I doubt that people really want to know the bad part!

I haven't the eloquence I had worked up in my lost message, but the meaning is
here so I'll let it go at that. Let's hope the Parkinson Awareness movement
will work wonders for the future.

Ruth Clark