To all who sent replies when I inquired about the benefits of cranberry
capsules and the prevention of UTI's *thank you very much*.  Dad was
placed on a foley catheter for four months.  Unfortunately, some people
are prone to UTI's when they have catheters and my dad was one such
person.  The doctor removed the foley only to have to put it back in
temporarily after he underwent surgery.  He's had it for approximately a
month an a half (until his incisions heal) and all urinanalysis show he's
fine.  By this time we would have already had at least one urinary tract
infection so I'm convinced the cranberry capsules are working.

Thanks again
Betty CG dad 70/dx65/60?