Teresa, there are five Parkinsons foundations of major stature in the
United States that come to mind immediately: APDA, NPF, PAN, PDF, and PI,
in alphabetical order.  All are good.  All are worthy.  All want dollars.
See my web site for addresses and more information:

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/farley/817/afounda.html

Your post doesn't say where you are located.  There might be a local or
regional group that could make good use of any donations on a local level.
It would be my inclination to check that out first.

Art