                                                                                                At 03:26 PM 4/8/99 -0700, you wrote:
>     I started taking Artane about 2 weeks ago along with 25/100 Sinement
>     3X/day.  The side effects which are most dramatic are spaciness and
>     blurred vision. I actually got lost momentarily taking my kids to
>     school and sporadically have found myself in the middle of a sentence
>     and forgetting what I was talking about.
>
>     Can anyone tell me if these effects wear off and if so, how long it
>     takes?
>
>     Background:  diagnosed with PD 10 years ago (age 36).  Drug therapy
>     started about 7 years ago with Permax.  Added sinnemet about 3 years
>     ago. In the last year I've tried adding requip (no effect after 3
>     weeks), Tasmar, and now Artane with no Permax.
>
>     I'd appreciate any comments or experiences you'd care to share.
>
>     Barb
>
>       Gordon took Artane several years ago, but i am certain it was balanced
with something else. This is the first time i have forgotten anyof the
oodles of drugs he has tried. Anyway, they were shortly discontinued.
As of now, he is using same old Sinemet,with Mirapex, divided into 3
halves, 3 times a day.
        Also,Dr. suggested alternating 25/100 with 10/100 during the day and we
have been pleased, using 7, Sinemet, of course. Regards, Thea lou Seese CG
Gordon 71/21 years