Brian: I'm sorry to hear that I was one of the very few to respond to your query. I believe it is a very important topic for PWP. Jeannette's Sinemet scheme is 1/2 10/100 upon awakening. She may take it early in the AM and then lay back for another 1/2 hour snooze depending on the activities of the day. Then the 'normal' medication route is 1/4 Sinemet 10/100 every hour thereafter. Four times daily, a Requip 1.0 Mg is substituted for the 1/4 Sinemet. We attempt to keep a reasonable level during the day. What I have found is that Jeannette tends to 'burn' the Sinemet faster when exposed to a stressful situation or when exerting energy such as working in her multiple flower gardens. For example, when traveling via aircraft, she has to deal with the hordes of people in the air terminals and that tends to make her nervous. But rather than the adrenal(hyper) flow that I feel, she becomes less able to cope, i.e., begins to exhibit hesitation in her walking ability and occasionally shows freezing symptoms. By adding a 1/4 tablet about a half hour prior to engaging these situations she seems to be able to function almost per normal. I must say that Jeannette and I are almost total opposites on psychological tests. One minister, who when testing a large group of parishioners at a church meeting, was big on using such tests in marriage counseling, said we shouldn't be married since we were so far apart in scores on the tests. Almost drove him crazy since we told him that we had never had an argument and after 40 years we still haven't. Jeannette just refuses to argue.....with anyone. She is the sweetest thing I have every met and thanks to my good fortune she even likes me! Hard to believe, ain't it? Anyway, we have remembered your formula over the years and we have tried to use the basic premise of it in our dosages and the changes we have seen. I believe there is much credibility in it. I suspect that the difference in the Sinemet intake during stressful situations is due to Jeannette's basic psychological makeup. She just doesn't get 'bugged' by events sufficiently to get the adrenalin pumping. I've never understood it but accept it for what it is. Jeannette's dyskensia is prevalent throughout the day. There has been more with the introduction of Requip than there was with Parlodel. This was true with Mirapex as well. Today she worked out in her gardens and took the medications on schedule. There wasn't much dyskensia noteable, but I did see quite a bit of hesitation when walking. Also, this evening, she continued the same conditions. I can't argue your conclusions regarding the use of more Sinemet intake when exercising as it seems to make sense to me. However, Jeannette's ability to move to her norm after exercising (such as her gardening) is reduced substantially. On the contrary, when we reduce the time between tablets slightly when she is engaged in these activities, she experiences little dyskensia but there is a marked improvement in her ability to move within her norm. Who can explain it? Not me certainly! I have asked Dr. Koller about this and he just says everyone seems to deal with these situations differently and we should do what seems to work best. That's what we have done for several years. Good to hear from you Brian. Our best regards to you and our UK friends........Jack & Jeannette *********************************************************** E. Jack Savely CG for Jeannette 60/38/37 Topeka, KS [log in to unmask] *********************************************************** KANSAS - 'THE WHEAT STATE' HOME OF THE SUNFLOWER AND 'TOTO' Ad Astra per Aspera - 'To the Stars through Difficulty' ***********************************************************