Dear friends,

Because of World Parkinson's Day I organized a bowling event, during which
I bowled from Friday evening 8.35 till Saturday evening 8.35.  59 People
bowled against me in 78 games. When there were too many bowlers to play
against me they played against each other. We were on TV for  a very short
time with the notice that I bowled for Parkinsons Disease, because of WPD.
Further we raised money for the Alliance. The bowlers payed $10 for three
games. Half of it was for the Alliance, which was in total $400. Donations
from people who couldn't bowl or who wanted to give more money, were
totally $422. To be expected at least $35 brings the total at $857. We hope
that we can still make the $1000.

Some statistics : I bowled 10472 pins in 78 games. That is an anverage of
133 per game which is just under my league average of 138. My highest game
was 191 and after 23 hours bowling I was still strong enough to bowl a 183.

The guests bowled 26802 pins in 244 games.  That is an average of  110. The
highest  games was for Blake (one of the hosts of this event )who bowled a
234. The highest average was for Bob, the manager of the Lake Air Bowling
Center with 209. His son Brian bowled a 181 in   a very special way. He
threw each ball from behind through his legs.

For those who don't know me, I have 10 years PD, with the last few years
dyskenisia. I am a dutchman living in Texas, have been active in the "world
of parkinson". I am a very postive thinking man and am keeping this body in
shape till the cure is found. I am going for the DBS and think that that
will be the start of my return to a "normal" life.

The people who helped me tremendously told me they like to this again, but
then a longer preparation time than 5 days. Yes that's all we needed. And
we made no costs so the profits of  this events go totally to the Alliance.
And we still take donations.

A special thanks to my wife Faye who helped me so much, stayed all the time
with me and played 12 games. She also spread the flyers and found a lot of
sponsors. Finally she was my personal doctor and  my masseuse.

How did I do healthwise? I can bowl when I am "off" or "on". When I am "on"
I bowl styleful and hard (fast). When I am "off" I bowl with a "hook" and
slow and sometimes starting problems. I am mentally very strong. I didn''t
once have the idea of falling asleep. I haven't been sitting much, just
standing or bowling. After 24 hours I was tired, but not extremely. My mind
was still stronger than my body. I went to bed at about 10.30 pm. Got up at
10.45 with a very stiff back and my right hand all swollen. A big blister
and a small  open blister on my thumb is all I have on physically damage.
Oh and I had a bad back ache, caused by laying to long on bed. My spirit
has grown and from some other people too. They have seen that a disease
doesn't mean that one is mentally dead and that a spirit can lead a body to
do things that are beyond our understandings.

Kees Paap