hi all

ivan and hilary have started up another
worthwhile and difficult discussion

it seems to me that assuming that 'no news is bad news'
is an unnecessarily negative assumption

why not assume that 'no news is just no news'?

imagine the flood of legitimate and off-the-wall and in-between
requests that media editors must be awash in every day!

maybe we can look on this as a longer-term process and evolvement
and not simply a cause and effect one-shot effort

have we ever had archbishop tutu or someone else of his stature help us?

no.

is there another april and another april 11th on their way?

yes.

have we ever worked together in such a positive way to tackle the media?

no.

has our tv-ready-list [another suzman scoop] ever been as big as it is?

no.

have we not complained about past superficial media treatment of pd?

yes.

have we ever seen such well-written pd articles?

no.

every journey starts with one step

i still say thank you ivan for your cage-rattling

janet

ps
i love the "oil for the tin man" analogy!
isn't he the guy that wanted a heart?

janet paterson - 52 now /41 dx /37 onset - [log in to unmask]
613/256/8340 - po box 171/almonte/ontario/k0a 1a0/canada

Scan some of My Past Posts at:
     http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm
Mine the PD List Archives at:
     http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/
Cull Nine Million Pub-Med Medical Studies at:
     http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/
Comb the 'People With Parkinson's' Web-Ring at:
     http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=parkie;list