hi all

>        THE GREAT "GAS OUT"
>        It's time we did something about the price
>        of gasoline in America!...

this is a hoax

some mentally juvenile internet geeks take great perverse pleasure
in inventing 'the sky is falling' and other messages
just to see how far and wide they can spread
and just to jam up the internet

the fact that this 'gas out' hoax message [and this ensuing discussion]
has been e-mailed to our 1800 members plus who knows who else
is simply an indication of the hoax's
'success'

for more information
do a search using "internet hoax" or "urban legend"
at your favourite search website - mine is <http://www.google.com>

janet

janet paterson - 52 now /41 dx /37 onset - [log in to unmask]
613/256/8340 - po box 171/almonte/ontario/k0a 1a0/canada

Scan some of My Past Posts at:
     http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm
Mine the PD List Archives at:
     http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/
Cull Nine Million Pub-Med Medical Studies at:
     http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/
Comb the 'People With Parkinson's' Web-Ring at:
     http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=parkie;list