The local newspaper, The Hamilton Spectator, sent a reporter to interview
me about the Archbishop's involvement and about the list.  The article
appeared in the Thursday, April 8 edition...almost a full column.  The
focus of the column had changed, though.   There was only one sentence
about the Archbishop.  The rest was about me, the list, & Parkinson's
(not necessarily in that order).

I think I will try to re-contact the churches & media I had emailed prior
to, and with, the Archbishop's prayer and ask if they received it; if
they have any interest in it; and if there is something I need to do
before they use the prayer or the fact that the prayer was issued.

It's still Parkinson's Awareness Month!  Don't give up yet!  Persist!
Ask questions!  Involve your family members & friends!  Ask that
publicity be a project for your support group and any other group with
which you are involved!  Talk about Parkinson's.  Talk about the
Archbishop.  Print the prayer and circulate it.  Handing it to your
minister/priest/rabbi/etc. is much more effective because it indicates to
him/her how important this is to you.  Let's do our utmost to get & keep
pd in the news.

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing