On 11 Apr 99 at 13:09, Marty Polonsky wrote:
> Bob,
> I started using Glucosamine 500/Chondroitin sulfate a couple of weeks ago at
> the suggestion of a friend who is a topnotch neurosurgical nurse for severe
> and stubborn leg pain which is secondary to chronic back problems.  My friend
> made the recommendation after seeing a close friend achieve near total relief
> from arthrirtis-like pain that had plagued her body for years and which had
> resisted countless other interventions.  She took the Glucosamine et al for
> about 3 months.   Another recommendation that I take the supplement came from
> the surgeon who did sophisticated, state of the art partial shoulder
> reconstructive surgery in July' 98.  My recovery from the surgery has been
> stalled by a wicked case of dystonia in the same shoulder.  Nothing has
> helped, including one round of botoxin.  I cited my surgeon's competence and
> credentials because I see him very much as a "doctor's doctor" which, in my
> mind, adds credibility to his recommendation for what is essentially an
> alternative medical substance.  I'm sorry that I have no direct experience or
> info to share with you--it apparently takes 2-3 months to take effect
> (the brand that I bought guarantees "results" in 8 weeks or your money back).
>  Anyway,
> I thought my endorsements were worh passing along.
> Marty Polonsky

Hi Marty, Bob, & Anne,
My wife has tried the TwinLabs Glucosamine 500 / Chondroitin Sulfate
for her osteo-arthritus.  It is touted to supposedly "rejeuvenate"
worn out cartilege.  She found little or no improvement and stopped
taking this supplement.  She says for info look at this site:
http://www.health4her.com/prod2/joint.html

You might also try the Google search engine at:
http://www.google.com
Type the words Glucosimine AND Chondroitin in the search box.
(1997 Hits)
I also tried typing in Glucosimine AND Chondroitin AND Parkinsons
(4 Hits) but look out for the myriad of links................

This product may work wonders for some but I hold little hope for
this type of supplement and major relief for Parkinsonians.  There
ain't no magic bullets!

All the best .................. Murray