Update on Parkinson's Power Across America - Overcoming the
Obstacles

Bicycle riders Wallace Teal and Donna Kos arrived in
Navasota Tx. today. They were greeted by the Reverend Lacy
Largent at St. Paul's Episcopal Church. Rev Largent read
Arch Bishop Tutu's prayer (possibly the first public
reading). A 30 minute discussion/presentation about PD and
the 1900 miles the riders have traveled was led by Donna,
Wallace and me. The mayor of Navasota read the following
proclamation.

I Tony Maddox by virtue of the authority vested in me as
Mayor of the City of Navasota Texas, do hereby Proclaim
April 8, 1999 as "Parkinson's Awareness Day" in the City of
Navasota and urge each and every citizen of our City to seek
to become more informed about Parkinson's Disease and to
help mobilize resources to aid in Research efforts and to
find better ways to treat Parkinson's Disease.
In Testimony whereof, witness my hand and the Seal of the
City of Navasota this 8th day of April A.D. 1999.

The food was great, the enthusiasm was high. The local press
was there and we were thrilled to be part of this very
special undertaking.

Satuday morning the two riders will be joined by many other
Houston cyclists and will become part of the Houston Area
Parkinson's Society Symposium. The prayer will be read again
and a proclamation from Texas Governor George W. Bush will
be read.

Thankyou Lacy and the members of St. Paul's for the
outstanding hospitality and interest in our cause.

Bob Martone - President Houston Area Parkinson's Society
http://www.kingwoodcable.com/martone