Janice,
While I agree with Camilla's portrayal of your husband's probable emotion
l state, and I think that she has recommended a wise, sensitive manner of
approach, I feel compelled to suggest that you consider a different
strategy--i.e., that you leave him be--for now. Camilla is probably correct
in suggesting that he is in a fear-based state of denial.  But denial is a
natural first stage that most of us go through when confronted with something
as devastating and incomprehensible as the notion of an incurable,
progressive neurological disease.  Denial sort of softens the initial blow,
or allows us to regain our strength and our senses after being knocked off
our feet.  And, denial is usually not responsive to logic.  If your husband
could talk about his fears, then he could also talk about his PD, and
vice-versa.  But, if any approach stands a chance of helping him deal with
those fears, it is the sensitive, understanding approach suggested by
Camilla.  I am suggesting that you try Camilla's approach but don't badger
him if he does not respond.  As I said earlier,  denial is as stage of
adjustment and I recommend this strategy--which, by their way, includes your
being supportive to your husband in any way that you can  and that he lets
you--for now.  Denial is not healthy or constructive as a long-term or final
mode of adjustment.   If it continues unabated, then reconsideration of your
approach would be indicated.  I base my comments on my experience as a
psychologist, but more importantly, on my experiences in adjusting to my PD.
For the first year or so, I didn't exactly go out of my way to avoid info on
PD but I didn't go out of my way to get it, either.  And I got furious with
my girlfriend when she sent me an unasked-for packet of materials and info
from NPF.  A good year passed before I even looked the packet.  My point is
that everyone adjusts at his/her own way and at his/her own pace.  I've come
a long way from that initial picture of angry denial, and so might your
husband, given time and support.