In a message dated 4/9/99 12:14:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< a wise, sensitive manner of
 approach, I feel compelled to suggest that you consider a different , that
 you leave him be--for now.   >>

I somehow got the idea that you were the PWP.

Either way, I too endorse this view.

In addition, I have found that what one's "significant other" does is more
important than what he/she says.

For instance, how he treats you when you get to the anger stage.

I believe that how you handle your personal problems with the disease now
will set you up for how he views you in the future.  It's tough going to get
someone to support you.  I found the correct answer to the "How are you?"
question is always "fine."

One other thing, instead of asking "for his support," try asking for specific
articles of support.  "Would you run to Walmart for some Velcro, please?  I
need it right away." or even "Would you drive me to the Parkinson's support
group tonight?"

Best,
WHH 55/38/37