Most of us are proud of our children's accomplishments, our own successes,
maybe of some of our posessions. I am proud of my mother!  She was the best
caregiver  in the world when dad needed her, she went out of her way and
sacrificed her own health to do what she could for him, and directed the
hired helpers and family to do whatever else needed doing. So far I have also
probably described 99% of the caregivers on this list, right?  But NOW, it's
been almost 11 months since dad passed,  and  of course,  mom misses him
terribly as we all do, but she has not stopped DOING things. Good things,
positive and useful things. She has redecorated her home, keeps it
immaculate.  Her car is always clean and serviced.She babysits for my nieces,
volunteers in several places. She goes somewhere almost every day, and many
evenings. She cooks and makes gourmet meals for family and friends whenever
an occasion arises.  Her attitude is such that people enjoy her company and
seek her out, when they want to go to dinner, or on a cruise. She is just now
getting into using a computer we gave her, which she had never attempted
before,   She is 77, she could have become a couch potato, or sat around the
house moping, but she has not.  Thank God, she is relatively healthy and can
get around and be independent, but she exemplifies the saying "when life
gives you a lemon, make lemonade".   I have learned so much from her about
atittude and loving and caring for people, I had to share it with the list.
Ken B