In a message dated 4/10/99 10:51:58 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Laurie:

 Jeannette has been on Benztropine Mesylate (Generic for Cogentin) for

 years. She currently takes 3 - 1Mg tablets daily.

 Biggest problem is dry mouth and eyes.

 What size tablet was your mother taking? Did the reduction to a single

 tablet daily show any increase in the tremors or was there no noticeable

 change? Does your mother show signs of dyskensia.

 Thanks for the info.........Jack

Jack,

My mother has had dyskensia for years, poor thing. The reduction of cogentin
slowly, the decrease on one tablet a day, for a week etc. did not produce any
extra tremors. However, she went off of it because she started Mirapek, and
so what extra shaking we may have seen was not noticable because of the
Mirapek, or so we think. However, we have found that Mirapek, CR Sinemet and
Sinemet (which is her usual medication) does not work all the time and so the
return of cogentin once a day. Her dosage is .5 mg once a day in the morning.
Also, she also takes the generic form. Just remembered, she also started
taking it because it makes her feel better physically.

Laurie