In a message dated 4/11/99 4:24:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<      [log in to unmask] (Bob Chapman) >>

My wife has purchased a product named "Glucosmine 500mg/Chondroitin
400 mg" for me to take to help with stiffness and soreness in my
ankles, legs and hips. She learned of this product through a friend
who has diabetes and suffers from severe pain and stiffness in his
legs.
Bob,
I started using Glucosamine 500/Chondroitin sulfate a couple of weeks ago at
the suggestion of a friend who is a topnotch neurosurgical nurse for severe
and stubborn leg pain which is secondary to chronic back problems.  My friend
made the recommendation after seeing a close friend achieve near total relief
from arthrirtis-like pain that had plagued her body for years and which had
resisted countless other interventions.  She took the Glucosamine et al for
about 3 months.   Another recommendation that I take the supplement came from
the surgeon who did sophisticated, state of the art partial shoulder
reconstructive surgery in July' 98.  My recovery from the surgery has been
stalled by a wicked case of dystonia in the same shoulder.  Nothing has
helped, including one round of botoxin.  I cited my surgeon's competence and
credentials because I see him very much as a "doctor's doctor" which, in my
mind, adds credibility to his recommendation for what is essentially an
alternative medical substance.  I'm sorry that I have no direct experience or
info to share with you--it apparently takes 2-3 months to take effect
(the brand that I bought guarantees "results" in 8 weeks or your money back).
 Anyway,
I thought my endorsements were worh passing along.
Marty Polonsky