Hello people,

I've been away from the List for a while.  It took about 3 months to get
someone to figure out how to get a new name and mail using our new cable
modem.  No, it wasn't difficult.  I'm just lazy.  Still, it's good to be back.

I'd like to get some feedback if you have a few minutes.

What is it that you want out of a Parkinson's-related Website?

There are lots of sites related to PD on the Net.  This is a good thing.  But
are we maximizing our value to the PD community?  We at the Unity Walk have
put a lot of effort into the design of our site.  It is a considerable amount
of work to keep it up to date and to have it reach a large number of
interested parties.  So if we are going to spend time improving it, it would
be nice to have some feedback on how we provide a more worthwhile service.

Perhaps our value is enhanced by maximizing the number of links to relavant
sites rather than increasing our content.  There is a tremendous amount of
information already out there that is available but not easily found by doing
searches.  Perhaps we can provide a better calendar of events.  More and more
fund-raisers, support group meetings, symposia and other PD-related events are
in the offing.  We are concerned about the potential for conflicts, especially
with major events, that could divide a potential audience.

Ofcourse we have an ulterior motive in all of this.  (Ah, the CATCH!)  We
could use some help in improving our own site and increasing traffic.  We'd
love more people to come to our Unity Walk on September 26th but we should be
more helpful in providing better, up to date information and promoting
awareness of PD year round.

We have a site manager so we don't need a whole lot in terms of technical
skills.  Maybe just a lot of legwork in coming up with quality links and
linking us up with other sites.  Of course, we would need to approve any
material for the site.  If you are interested in working on improving the
Parkinson's Unity Walk website, write me:

Ken Aidekman

In the meantime, come visit our site at www.parkinsonwalk.org.

Regards,
Ken Aidekman