Ivan and Hilary:  I certainly sense your frustration as just one individual
who was involved in Spreading the Word.  I contacted over 50 newspapers,
radio and TV stations around the country, and made sure I got the right
contact in the news department.  I received three replies that the item
"would be considered".  The problem, of course, is that we have no way of
knowing whether or not the item actually appeared in the Cadillac Gazette,
for example.  For all I know, they did run it.  But, one thing I do know:  I
provided my email address,  my home address and phone number, and other than
the three initial replies, I was not contacted by a reporter.  Of course, I
know next to nothing about the news media, or whether we should be drawing
any conclusions yet.  It may be not that we're "too dull", rather the topic
so vital to us finds overwhelming competition for sparse news slots.  I do
agree that we most likely would profit by some expertise in marketing to the
news media; i.e. maybe using the news wires more effectively.

John Bjork
A View from the Lighter Side of  PD