Bravo, Kees!!!

It is GREAT to hear that your 24 hour bowling extravaganza was so successful,
and more importantly that you are OK.  I know that you are in great physical
condition, but when you contacted me about the idea, I was a little
concerned.  I am relieved to hear that you made it 24 hours without any major
problems (other than a few blisters).

Kees' efforts this past weekend should serve as an example to all of us
within 'earshot' of his message.  As a one man (and one masseuse) show, he
took an activity he enjoys, formed a relatively simple (yet ambitious) idea
to raise a significant amount of money entirely for Pd research, followed
through with it, and EVEN got some media attention for his efforts!!!

Granted, not everyone is in the kind of physical condition it takes to hurl a
16 oz. ball at ten pins for 24 HOURS straight, (including me I suspect) but
almost everyone has an activity or talent that, with the right kind of
creative thinking and dedication, can be an effective fundraising/awareness
tool.

The Parkinson Alliance can help.  If you have an idea that you think might
work, if you are looking for ideas, or even if you just want informational
materials to distribute in your local community, PLEASE call the Parkinson
Alliance Headquarters at 1-888-331-4673.

Thank you Kees, for your inspiring efforts.

More ideas, more money, more research.

Fondly,
Bill Turenne, Jr.
Parkinson Alliance Headquarters