Hi Hilary, Jane, Ivan, Jennifer, John, Anne, Lawson,.....

A few extra questions:
- Where was PD-spokesman Michael J. Fox in the media this WPD?
- Where was PD-spokesman Muhamad Ali in the media this WPD?
- Why was the Tutu-prayer not used or included in the pressreleases
   of the NPF, APDA, etc.

As for the dutch media, they received TWO press releases.
The first was sent 10 days before WPD about mainly a signature
action to get the latest pdmeds out of the governments red tape
so health-insurance companies will pay for those meds too.
The second was a Tutu press release last thursday.
The media responded mainly to the FIRST one by publications
on saturday. BUT IMO the Tutu-prayer-story boosted the publications.

Some positive remarks:
- the PD-community gained a spokesman (Tutu)
- PIEN - members became very active and acted as ONE group
- think quality over quantity!!!
- the media must be confronted DAY BY DAY from now on with PD
   (this was only the warming up)
- look at what we DID achieve, the rest we will get the next time.........
  and the next...........and the next,...........etc.

I suggest we make a list of publications that we know of, or
positive results in media coming from WPD-related activities.

1 PZC, local dutch newspaper, half a page, interview with the
   supportgroup leading lady in Middelburg.
2 VARA, national dutch tv station, 3 minutes, chairman dutch
    parkinson association explained signature-action and WPD.
3 A local tv-station for nursery homes in Zeeuws-Vlaanderen
    spent a one hour segment on WPD (the anchorman has PD)
4 DZN, the largest site of hospitals in Holland covered the WPD
5 Algemeen Dagblad, one of the largest dutch newspapers,
    also run the press release about WPD
6 the WPD-meeting in Belgium I attended, there was a local
   tv-station taping an interview with one of the organizers.

Hans.