You might be a parkie if....

you are listening to (and enjoying) you favorite song, but your foot is
enjoying (and keeping beat with) a DIFFERENT song...

-----Original Message-----
From: Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
To: Recipients of PARKINSN digests <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, April 12, 1999 11:09 PM
Subject: PARKINSN Digest - 12 Apr 1999 (#1999-190)
Date:         Tue, 13 Apr 1999 07:27:08 -0400
Sender:       Parkinson's Information Exchange <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Jim Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Congratulations Joan and Illinoise

Joan,

It was great to hear of your success. I hope that others read and gain
confidence that they to can have impact.  Its never too late to get started.
April 11 might have been Parkinson's day in the rest of the world but you
can make it when you want it in your community.  In Pittsburgh,we had
Parkinson's awareness week in September one year.

Last week I was in a meeting with the new director of the National Institute
of Neurological Disease and Stroke, Dr. Fischbach, he was very supportive of
our Seed Grant program as a vehicle for stimulating new and additional
Parkinson's research.

I spoke with another leading researcher at NIH, who deals with stem cells.
His optimism exceeded even mine.  He feels that the advances in stem cell
research is the key that will unlock yet more of the secrets of the brain
and to rapid progress in curing degenerative illnesses like PD.

One of the goals of the Parkinson's Alliance is to empower people with
Parkinson's.  Success empowers people.  Joan, you have been empowered.  Your
success prepares you for your next success and hopefully encourages others
to try.

Jim Cordy