I really hate chain letters but thought this one was rather nice>

Around the corner I have a friend
         In this great city that has no end,
        Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
        And before I know it, a year is gone

        And I never see my old friend's face,
         For life is a swift and terrible race,
         He knows I like him just as well
         As in the days when I rang his bell,
         And he rang mine.

          We were younger then,
           And now we are busy, tired men.
          Tired of playing a foolish game,
           Tired of trying to make a name.

           "Tomorrow" I say "I will call on Jim"
             "Just to show that I'm thinking of        =20
              him."
           But tomorrow comes and tomorrow
           goes, And
            distance between us grows and grows.
           Around the corner!- yet miles away,
             "Here's a telegram sir-"
             "Jim died today."

             So remember...
             If you love someone, tell them.
            Remember always to say what you
             mean.

            Never be afraid to express yourself.
            Take this opportunity to tell someone
             what they mean to you.

             Seize the day and have no regrets.

          Most importantly, stay close to your
           friends and family, for they have
           helped make you the person
           that you are today
           and are what it's all about anyway.

            Pass this along to your friends.  Let
          it make a difference in your day and
            theirs.  The difference between
            expressing love and having regrets
            is that the regrets may stay around
          forever.

             Within 1 hour you must send this to
           other people.  Within five days you
             will have a miraculous occurrence in
             your relationships. You will find new
            love or have an old love rekindled.

            If you do not send it, you will have
           once again passed up the opportunity
           to do something loving and beautiful
         and continue the trend that gives you
            problems in your relationships.

         If you've received this it is because
         someone cares for you and it means
         there is probably at least someone for
        whom you care.  If you're too busy to
       take the few minutes that it would take
        right now to forward this to ten people,
        would it be the first time you didn't
       do that little thing that would make a
       difference in your relationship ?