Thank you Barb, for your positive energies and ideas!

-I will do my best to follow youur excellent suggestions.  Unfortunately,
for the moment,I am dealing again  with caregiver coverage gaps due to
underpayment by State authorities.  My live-in caregiver is leaving for a
job with better base-pay, and fringe benefits.  I found this out 12 hours
ago.

-Also, the City of Portland has sent me a notice of  sewer user lien that
is impending, directly the reverse of their suppposed 100% sewer
assessment relief in the settlement prposal.  I am chasing a lwayer who
has not responded for three weeks. I am suddenly in danger of
foreclosure!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, life is getting too crushing to do the needed telephone
follow-up that under better circumstances, I would be doing with gusto!!

If there is someone who can call me to advise-my tel is listed with the
Directory Operators.

Sorry,
Ivan

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:00:14 -0400 Barbara Patterson
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>The local newspaper, The Hamilton Spectator, sent a reporter to
>interview
>me about the Archbishop's involvement and about the list.  The
>article
>appeared in the Thursday, April 8 edition...almost a full column.
>The
>focus of the column had changed, though.   There was only one
>sentence
>about the Archbishop.  The rest was about me, the list, & Parkinson's
>(not necessarily in that order).
>
>I think I will try to re-contact the churches & media I had emailed
>prior
>to, and with, the Archbishop's prayer and ask if they received it; if
>they have any interest in it; and if there is something I need to do
>before they use the prayer or the fact that the prayer was issued.
>
>It's still Parkinson's Awareness Month!  Don't give up yet!  Persist!
>Ask questions!  Involve your family members & friends!  Ask that
>publicity be a project for your support group and any other group
>with
>which you are involved!  Talk about Parkinson's.  Talk about the
>Archbishop.  Print the prayer and circulate it.  Handing it to your
>minister/priest/rabbi/etc. is much more effective because it indicates
>him/her how important this is to you.  Let's do our utmost to get &
>keep
>pd in the news.
>
>Barb

====
>Barbara Patterson
>HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext.
>22403
>                        School of Nursing
====

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)