Dear friends:

I wish to make those of us who are on the List aware of one slight, but
important, change in the information  Janet Paterson so kindly included
about myself, so that the Tutu prayer announcement is corrected.  I have
embodied this correction by editing Janet's announcement below.

     1)The announcement should state that I am a "resident of South
Africa from 1973-1979"
rather than being a "former South African".  I lived there from 1973
through 1979, when I was a
post-graduate student and a junior faculty member at the University of
the
WItwatersrand, in Johanneburg. I am an American, born and raised in
Providence, Rhode Island.

        This idea about my nationality is not at all without
foundation--my cousin-in-law, Helen Suzman, is indeed a famous South
African and a retired former member of Parliament who worked to
end apartheid, as a member of the opposition Progressive Party.

        Thanks , Janet,  for your  help!

        Ivan Suzman  :-)