Dear Barbara,
        Thanks for the welcome. My name is Charlie, am 51 and  live in Oregon
City, OR. I was formally diagnosed with PD in April of 1998 and before that
with benign essential tremor. I had the symtoms for about 2 years before I
went to a neurologist.
        I really was denying anything was wrong for a while but decided to get off
the stick and see what was up. The Parkinson's only affects my right side
for now and I take medication which is helping quite a bit. I write and
type almost pre-PD and my balance and energy is better.
        I take Mirapex 1mg tid and that seems to be good for me. The neurologist
wants to add Sinement but I am thinking about that. I work at an inner city
hospital doing crisis intervention with psychiatric and chemical dependency
cases on the phone and in the ER.
        I have enjoyed the shares so far.

                God bless,

                        Charlie