i all

At 19:23 1999/04/19 EDT, john wrote:
>Hi
>I was diagnosed with pd Friday
>severe shoulder pain has greatly decreased with sinemet
>however  severe insomnia  and  severe anxiety also no appetite
>MD says not side effects
>any ideas out there
>John

wow
you are probably the newest 'newby' i've run into
[except for me at my diagnosis of course]

any tight or tense muscle problems prior to diagnosis
are bound to be helped by sinemet as it 'melts' the muscles
[my special brand of medico-speak]

severe insomnia and severe anxiety and no appetite
= a natural response to the stress and shock of your diagnosis
in my humble opinion

it's not every day that we are told that we have
an incurable, progressive, and debilitating brain disease

i wonder what type of doctor made the diagnosis?
and how the news was broken to you?

it seems to me that your mention of your symptoms
could have been more sensitively addressed
possibly

you've had a shock
but your life is not ending

as far as i am concerned
my life began in earnest after my diagnosis

but i remember being in a blind panic of fear on that fateful day
the fear was caused by ignorance
this list has been instrumental in blasting both of them away

i am glad you have joined us

i will send you my favourite article
[called psychosocial something or other]
in re being newly diagnosed by a separate message
[or maybe it's time to post it again for all the newbies out there?']

tell us more about what your doctor told you
and tell us what medication schedule you are on

the nausea or lack of appetite can easily be attributed to the sinemet
even without the shock or the stress

you are now officially my cyber-sibling

janet

janet paterson - 52 now /41 dx /37 onset - [log in to unmask]
613/256/8340 - po box 171/almonte/ontario/k0a 1a0/canada

Scan some of My Past Posts at:
     http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm
Mine the PD List Archives at:
     http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/
Cull Nine Million Pub-Med Medical Studies at:
     http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/
Comb the 'People With Parkinson's' Web-Ring at:
     http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=parkie;list