hi all

At 02:21 1999/04/20 EDT, john wrote:
>Hi thanks for the response everyone
>it's 2:15 am
>I've been up for an hour no sleep again tonight.
>neurologist started me on sinemet 10-100 three times/day last Fri
>He decreased dosage to  1/2 pill 3X to ? reduce side effects
>I'm 55  symptoms for 4-5 years
>john

the lower dose sounds better
the higher dose would have done me in as a starting point

as a newby parkie, [!]
you need to be careful to take sinemet with meals
so as to minimize the potential gastric upset

i was put on 1/2 tab sinemet 110 3x a day for a week
and then it was increased by a 1/2 tab to 4x a day for a week
low and slow titration, the neuro called it
i was lucky to have found him

i found that psychosocial article
it's on its way to everyone

janet

janet paterson - 52 now /41 dx /37 onset - [log in to unmask]
613/256/8340 - po box 171/almonte/ontario/k0a 1a0/canada

Scan some of My Past Posts at:
     http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm
Mine the PD List Archives at:
     http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/
Cull Nine Million Pub-Med Medical Studies at:
     http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/
Comb the 'People With Parkinson's' Web-Ring at:
     http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=parkie;list