Janet-oh-Cyber-sis-of-ours....

OK...ok.... so your challenge DID pique (Peek?
Peak? Whatever) my interest in the Ben & Jerry
Foundation enough for me to pop on over to the
B&G Foundation Web Site (thanks for providing
the URL, m'dear) and take a look-see at what
the Foundation's grant information.  More
important, I looked at the "Past grants" page to
see what organizations and/or individuals had
been recipients of a B&J Foundation grant (their
list stopped at 1997, so I hope that it's just a case
of the B&G tech-heads not yet having yet got
around to updating the site... rather then they
ran outta steam and don't make grants any longer)

As I read the directions and review previous grants
it's obvious to me that if we asked for a grant for
"PD research," we wouldn't get so much as a
plugged nickel.   BUT... if we said we're a grassroots
movement (the Foundation is very big on
"grassroots" movements and that is clearly stated
throughout their site)  looking to assist, say, that
wonderful group, "COPS" - "Children of Parkinsonians,"
which offers free respite care for caregivers of PWPs
using donated funds, then THAT might actually get off
the ground and make it thru the first  judging and on
to the actual consideration for a grant.

I'm not sure if and/or where we - I.e. the Parkinson's
community - would fit in under the B&G Foundation's
grant umbrella, so before I just right in and take on
this chore.... errrr... make that "this CHALLENGE"
<smile> to get as many opinions and insights from
our List membership as is possible of the B&G
Foundation's requirements for one of their grants
and what YOU think would catch the interest of the
grant-giving group.

Sooo... here's the B&G Foundation's URL
http://www.benjerry.com/foundation/index.html
and I look forward to your comments and
suggestions after ya have read over the sire
information, before I jump blindly into this project.

Thanks.. (WHEW!  I haven't stopped thinking 'bout
 ice cream throughout the entire time I composed
 this post!) <giggle>

Barb (Make mine Coffee Mocha Crunch) Mallut