Dear Kathy and friends,

My question is: what can cause "hypothermia?"  PD ?  Low sugar?  Another
brain imbalance?

I have been somewhat functional for just the last  90 minutes -only  time
in 18 hours. This 4-day attack of hypothermia is so bad that I have to
wear winter  o u t d o o r  clothes and boots, while indoors.  I am
becoming a lizard.

I get better with sugary and sweet foods then drop off and shake
violently-not PD tremor at all.  And
NOT end-of-dose.  Feel exhausted, too.

My thyroid blood test was normal.  Doctor's office visit was a few days
ago-normal thyroid visually and manually examined. The blood thyroid test
was this past Tuesday, and the really unstoppable
coldness had started 4 hours earlier.

I've been so "off" I have had to crawl  to the bathroom.  My tasmar-liver
tests also Tuesday were again normal.  Even had a prostatic test -
normal. I may go to Mercy Hospital tonight.  Don't have answers.

A local neurologist wonders if I am misdiagnosed and could have
Shy-Drager's. What is classic in S-D?

Is hypothermia a hallmark of advanced PD, or anything else?

I have almost no tremor at rest.  Dominated instead by stiffness.
Typed with gloves momentarily removed,

Ivan

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:29:01 -0400 Kathy Greene
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>The last time I was cold and no matter what I did could not get warm
>Iended
>up in hospital.  After 4 days and lots of  tests someone tested my
>thyroid.
>I was extremely hypothyroid.  Replacing the thyroid solved it easily.

 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)