My name is June Huffman and I live in Jackson, TN. I will be 69 in 3 weeks,
on Mother's Day. I was diagnosed in 1989, but had noticed problems with my
left hand at the piano for 2-3 years, lack of fluid coordination then slight
tremor. I retired in 1992 from Union University where I had taught piano for
25 years.

I was started on Sinemet immediately. It helped and I was able to continue
normally? for a while. Progress has been slow, but sure. Parlodel was my
first agonist, then about 3 years later I changed to Permax. Phasing out one
then phasing in the other was a horribly revealing experience. That's when
there's no denying that you have PD.

In January of this year I changed again, this time to Requip. I'm up to 9 mgs
a day.  I also take Tasmar and get my blood tests every 2 weeks. It really
helps me to move better, and I have reduced Sinemet to 350 per day with only
mild dyskinesia occasionally (stress?).

This board is really helpful as are others. In fact I think this is the best
PD website!

Anyone else from Tennessee?

                        Regards to All,

                                June