Dear Listfriends,
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that a UK listmember, Ray Lakin,
caregiver for his wife Helen who has PD, was stricken with cancer and
had had a series of chemotherapy treatments last fall. The cancer is
caused by exposure to asbestos where he previously worked. He also had a
cataract operation in March, following which his health took a turn for
the worse. He was hospitalized for several weeks. I had asked
listmembers to e-mail a note to Helen and Ray, through their daughter
Vicky.

Your kindness in doing so has been very much appreciated by the family.
Ray is now at home, although very ill, having also had a series of
infections; and he may have to return to the hospital soon.  His family
has asked me to thank listmembers who responded so graciously, and I
reprint a portion of Vicky's post here:

"Mum is wonderful - I can't believe how she is coping with it
all.  She does so enjoy reading the emails they are getting from people
on
the Parkinson's List - how kind of you to put a posting on it!  I would
be
very grateful if you could express our thanks to everyone - I don't know
how Dad contacts the list myself - but it is lovely to hear from people
and
means a great deal to Mum and Dad."

I want to thank you personally for your warm response. I knew I could
count on the wonderful people on this list, and of course you came
through, in spite of all you deal with in your own daily lives. You are
THE BEST!!!!!

Kathrynne