Karen,
i am 44 and was diagnosed 4 years ago. i8 understand  how you feel about the
support group, because i am the baby in our group. the first time that i went
to support, i cried for 4 hours after, i felt so cheated. i have since
figured out that they 'need' me. the group that i go to is very supportive
now that they understand that i am not leaving! I have been able to feel a
vacant spot- computer information- that has been very good for our group!
Fortunately, no one has ever questioned the fact that I have pd because I am
worse than most in the group! I have a very strong desire to fight, and I
will win! you can contact me anytime!
Brenda