My mother took 0.05mg of Permax this morning for the first time.  (Her
neurologist suggested that she take that amount once a day for two weeks
before increasing the dosage.)  After a little over an hour she became very
pale and panicky.  I think she almost fainted.  My father and I had read the
package insert ahead of time and knew of the side effects of this
medication, so, it wasn't a surprise to us when this episode occurred.  My
father will be calling the neurologist later today to see if the dosage can
be reduced to 0.025mg per day or if she can take half of the dosage twice a
day.

Has anyone started out taking Permax at less than 0.05 mg per day?  I would
be interested in your experience.

Thank you,
Teresa