Mark Bastian wrote:

> My name is Karen, 43 yr. old, dx. last December 98. Ive known I had PD
> for 4-5 yrs.
> Doctors in my tiny town in the desert ignored my symtoms,neurologists
> did not take me seriously either. My only support group here is made up
> of much older PD patients, who also do not take me seriously. Some have
> even questioned if  I really do have PD because I am so young compared
> to them. I think the youngest in the support group is in his
> mid-sixties. I can understand their doubt, but I am still a curious
> sight to them. I've had full blown obvious symptoms for over a year,
> however as I have said, my symptoms started 4-5 yrs. ago.
> I would really appeciate ANYONE who is willing to chat with me who is
> YOP. I have no one here to support me with this much misunderstood thing
> called YOP...
> Sincerely and Thank You All.
> KAREN
Karen,
        I am 49 years old was first diagnosed Jan 1991.  I'm currently not at
all pleased with my circumstances.  Would you like to read my story, and
the mistakes I made over the years which have allowed this illness to
take over my life?  Send me a private email and I'll reply.  Also,
perhaps with four of us and (Explorer 5) we could devise a chat group on
a particular day and time!  Interested?