These are the stats for my husband, Neal (79):

1. Current dopamine agonists:  Mirapex 0.5 mg X3/day = 1.5 mg total
                               Tasmar  100 mg X3/day = 300 mg total

2. Previous agonists:
       Amantadine(1986)replaced by Sinemet + bromocriptine(1987)
       bromocriptine supplanted by Permax (1990)
       Permax replaced by Mirapex (1997)

   Tasmar(1998)was added to reduce hepatic destruction of ldopa
   Mirapex was used to enhance dopamine receptor uptake function
   Total Sinemet was reduced.

3. PD Diagnosis: 1986

4. Age at diagnosis: 65

5. First Symptoms: 1981 (numbness in feet)

6. Current Sinemet Intake: levodopa 400 mg. carbidopa 100 mg
                           (as Sinemet 25/100 and 25/100 CR)

7. Current agonist intake: See #1

8. Has neurologist advised re maximum safe dose? No. He has
   followed the recommendations from the Pharmaceutical Co's
   data which reflects FDA approval standards. He knows we
   have copies of these data and that we understand them.

   Since my husband weighs about 120 pounds it is mandatory
   that his medication dosages be kept in a conservative range.
   The doc, and we, are in agreement that there will be times
   when an extra half Sinemet will be necessary, and that there
   may also be times when the amounts may need to be reduced
   slightly, or shifted somewhat within the daily schedule.

I keep all of Neal's meds on a spreadsheet with complete data
on each as to generic name and dosages, and time of day to take.
This is easily revised and is a great timesaver when dealing with
emergency room personnel and other providers. And it makes the
weekly filling of the pill containers simple and mistake proof.

Martha Rohrer (CG for Neal, 79/14)