Nancy,

You might look for some Assisted Living homes in your area -- they seem to
be popping up all over.  Some of them can take people for short term,
respite, designed to give caregivers a break.  You would have to go to
them, but it might be a solution.

Also, keep checking with the local private duty aid services.  While they
would certainly prefer to have a situation where they send someone several
days a week, they should be amenable to a regular, one-day-a-week arrangement.

My father has been diagnosed with MSA, specifically Striatonigral
Degeneration.  The mother of another listmember, Debbie White, has been
given the same diagnosis.  I live in the Atlanta area and we are working
with excellent neurologists at Emory and St. Joseph's hospitals.  Feel free
to contact me directly if you would like to share experiences.

Jane Koenig
Marietta, GA
(daughter of Fred, 80/MSA 2)